Entertainment

Iyanla “Fixes” the life of a man with 34 kids by 17 different women

Iyanla Vanzant was both praised and criticized recently for heading to Ferguson, Missouri to do a show in the middle of the Michael Brown protests.  Some said that she should be honored for seeking to help the situation by using her celebrity status to bring attention to a cause.  Others said that she was seeking to exploit the situation in order to obtain ratings.

But ratings are the name of the game for the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and Iyanla’s show has been one of the leaders when it comes to building buzz.

Her latest episode of “Fix My Life” involves a man who really needs some serious fixing.  He has apparently spent most of his life obsessed with sleeping with as many women as possible and has found himself to be the father of 34 children with a whopping 17 women.  This means that he’s had a whole lot of sex and much of that sex has been unprotected.  Does this kind of thinking pose a danger to the black community?

With so many STDs being spread these days, it might be advisable to think twice about going into the bedroom with the man who has all the ladies at his beck and call.

Iyanla’s show seeks to get to the heart of the man’s behavior.  Some may say that this man has some serious psychological problems, but others may say that he’s just being trifling and irresponsible.  Also, what do you say to the woman who chose to sleep with a man who already has over 30 kids?  Should they be blamed as well?

I told you I was going to blow your world up,” Iyanla says in the teaser for the show.  It sounds like this man may have already blown up the worlds of his kids.  Can you really take care of that many kids in that many households and do a good job?  It sounds to us like he’s spending all of his free time making more babies.

Tagged

60 thoughts on “Iyanla “Fixes” the life of a man with 34 kids by 17 different women

1. aleximaq

This is just DISGUSTING!!!!!

Does this kind of thinking pose a danger to the black community?
    HELL YES!!!!

UMMM…ANYONE WHO CONDUCTSTHEMSELVES THIS IS BOTH!!!!!

Also, what do you say to the woman who chose to sleep with a man who already has over 30 kids? Should they be blamed as well?

UNLESS HE LIES ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF CHILDREN HE HAS….NO WAIT…WE AS WOMEN NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS KIND OF NONSENSE…..SMDH

2. Thelma Williams

If Iyanla can fix this man she should have been sought after long before now.Perhaps he is out of sync when his stud services were needed.It seems he must think that to sleep with as many women and make s many babies as he can is a life goal.Sad state of affairs for his children and a sadder state of the psyche of the women he has slept with.

3. kimberly

He should have been fixed a long time ago like you fix a dog…and what is more creepier than him is the women who he lay up with…sad…very sad…

• Devon

Yeah the women are more stupid for letting this shitbag pump them up with a shitload of kids and I bet most these stupid women knew they was all screwing this dude and didnt care. Nucca mentality killin a % of the blk community.

4. WizardG

There are men all over the middle east, Africa, and Asia who have as many children and some have many wives! This man is not typical in the US but there are Mormons who have big families as well. I don’t know the story behind this young man but I will say that he is not any more crazy than any other “black” man. He seems to be more a baby making machine. The male animal of our species is primed to procreate by information in his DNA. The female is primed to have and nurture her babies. If this young man were a real prince or king with great wealth he would be praised for having such a big family regardless of the number of women. I suppose that during slavery period his “masters” would have been proud to have him around. He would have probably been sold and/or traded for a large sum! Today many of us are being locked out of a receding job market and many have never had proper education or jobs. Others tend to look down on men who have too many children that they cannot afford. Some seem to think that a man who has children like this makes us look bad in the eyes of others. I can tell you all for sure that we have always looked bad in the eyes of many “whites” and those who assimilate to them! They have created a community of 45 million disgruntle anguished “black” people with some of us thinking too much like them! With some of us ready to turn their backs on the less advantaged in order to appease whites who really despise and loathed even the best of us! All to say I don’t have a problem with what this young man has done. I have more of a problem with what those who have everything, including,fame and fortune have not done! I see us as a community only in color and the fact that we are all oppressed because of our blackness! We have no protection from the Anglo-elite and their racist minions. And our so-called “leaders” seem to be in short supply! We are not allowed to unify or build the kind of strength the Jews have long enjoyed! Some of us are driven to focus on mundane things while ignoring the more serious problems we face! Some of us are more interested in looking good in the eyes of a “racist” white social-structure as our youth are railroaded, imprisoned, and shot down in the streets! So again. This issue of a black man having numerous children by numerous women is the least of his problems and surely the least of ours!

• Devora

One word self discipline corrects anything. Breeder runs in his veins….I hope his sons and daughters doesn’t inherit the breeder desire.

• Pat

Dumbest comment yet. Why because those societies also have high rates of poverty and abuse of women. The oldesst African tradition respected women and worshipped the woman and didnt exploit them and use them. Men should have more respect amd discipline

• drew

Tell her to stop Blacks from killing Blacks, then this brother won’t have to try and replenish our stock on his own. Social ills, this type of act is celebrated with a TV show in the white community. He didn’t go on her show to get “fixed”, he went on that show to get paid.

• Kikay Exum

WizardG….I agree with you….It is my prayer that each child has a Mother and extended families that love and assist. All the children are healthy and grow up knowing each sibling. I also pray the Father does the very best he can. The problem I have with our dear sister, Iyanla teaches from the bases of white society. I understand she has the training of a Yourba priestess. Where is the effort to use African concepts for African people. Oh…I forgot she must please her Zionist masters, to get the dollar bills!

• Jah Larry Dread

I agree with a lot of what you have state here WizardG except, “I see us as a community only in color and the fact that we are all oppressed because of our blackness!” Your eyes are a lot better than mine. Most of us live in area where the small businesses are own and controlled by everyone but us. I don’t even see a community. I see just a neighborhood.

• Huntfour

Standing ovation for this point of view expressed here. This Black man doesn’t seem to be running OR remorseful for anything he has created amongst these 17 women.
      Albeit very irresponsible to not have a plan in play to actively father many of the children. But that is what effective communication is for, seems like lots of it will go a long way for this man and his situation.

• cheche

Amen. My biggest concerns are do all the children have relationships?. Does he pay child support???? I think not. And why hasn’t the court ordered a vasectomy? He and the baby mamas or at least the ones who knew he had a boatload of kids should be put in jail for child endangerment and just being plain stupid!!! They are a embarrassment and if my daughter got pregnant by this creep I would love the grandchild and beat her ass!!!

• Kenya

Why oh why must you bring racism into this? It makes me sad and angry that you say white people are racist when you are the obvious racist. You clearly are angry and bitter against white people as well as jewish people. Before you point your finger at “whites” as you say, take a look in the mirror.

• Shainna

1. There is a major problem with this. He has 34 kids with 17 women, none of which he married to. He can’t support any of his kids. That doesn’t make him a father. Sure you can make a baby, but raising them is a different story.

2. He is not Moron, so your argument about the Morons is null & void.

3 You should have a problem with this because there are 34 more children in this world being raise by single mothers because he can’t keep it in his pants or wear a condom.

• lifeandmorelife

BOOM! Well said. The real problem is Blacks still adhering to Eurocentric culture. Nothing wrong with this man. He doesn’t need “fixing”. What he needs are ideas and concrete ways of building a monetary empire through all of the blessings God has given him.

• ericaf

Usually when men in those countries have multiple wives, they have to equally take care of the families they create. So to compare him to them is like comparing an egg with a grapefruit.

5. Seemespeak

Handsome dudes in the hood sex all the ladies. They dont care they just know all hus babies be cute. Oh I want one, can I have one, yes me to please. Probably feals that he’s aeeal Mack with the ladies he’s smooth gets em hot then dumps a load every now and then and keeps it movin on the tge next idiot fallin for a Fine brotha. Human’s are just another species of anilmal but damn we’re supposed to be civilized. Well not all of us apparently.

6. Devora

It sounds like the word breeder runs in his vain……He is definitely a man with a slave mentality. ….A conscious man is self discipline and know that it takes one woman or one woman to marry and he has the sex right there beside him without going looking for different people. It about the quality one women bring and responsibility.

7. Arneader

My baby brother has nine children by three different women and he was brought up in a two parent home. For twenty-six years my family has been angry with him for making babies unmarried and married. Children are a blessing from God and they deserve the BEST. There are some people who can’t have children and they would really make good parents. My brother does not take care of ALL his children like he should. He puts on this façade like he’s a good husband and father. I can’t get over his irresponsibility and I cannot forgive him for making ALL these babies. He did not come from a home like that. I think about how we helped him financially with his first, second and third children. And he just kept having more children. What I do now is look at him like he’s trash. I do not even talk to him anymore I just ignore him just like he doesn’t exist. I have zero tolerance for stupidity and I think he is stupid. His wife….he married the right one because she is just like him.

8. william alexander

Other than her “ADOPTING” his kids how the hell did she fix his life…the girl good but she aint that good?

9. Gillespie Girll

Please correct me if you feel that I am wrong, but, I feel sex is nature that has to be controlled by culture. Some have different desires and levels of how to relieve themselves. And there are the females who are at war with other females who think there won’t be enough to go around for her. Culture has a lot to do with training the minds of the young. This young man has not had to pay the price of making his large family. The girls has accepted the full responsibility. If the culture made him pay the price for making such a large family and can not spread himself for their sake., then he is to be (fixed) as they say. The same for the girls.. I know that sounds harsh, but, culture has always set it’s own rules. When people become out of control, then a new cultural rules has been formed to make things worst.. Children need a father as well as a mother. Society needs to be a little more rounded. Think of the children when they have conversations about our mother and your father. I’ve heard little children talk about each others father and they are from the same mother. This is what these parents have created. No family structure. And that is from most American families.

10. Reneegede

It’s just sensationalism. If the women who sleep with him don’t care, why should anyone else? He’s a danger to himself and every single one of those children AND those women, not the “black community.” I don’t even think most of us know what a “black community” is, who is in it, or what it consists of. Period.

11. Reneegede

CORRECTION

• warren

I had a boyfriend like him and I found out he was cheating. After he left me just he ran around full time, after two years he come saying to me he wanted to fix our relationship. I told him to go to straight to hell. What I want with him after he been screwing everyone that walked by him. I told him don’t he ever, call,email me or set foot on my door step ever again. He knew I was very much in love with him and I was totally almost destroyed when he left. Mr Romeo just knew he had the charm to get me back. He even had enought balls to tell a friend of mine that he knew he could get me back. Boyfriend just knew he had it going on. I made that bastard feel just like an ant. And it pissed me off for him to even think that he could get me back. My mother did not raise a fool. I got good sence , self pride and too much respect for myself. I’m a lady not a piece of trash that you can just throw away and come back to pick up.

12. J. D. Hill

If Black churches haven’t fixed this man and the women he sleeps with, what does that say about “leadership” in the Black community?
    Should Jesse Jackson be counted among the ones whom Iyanla should have been fixing, too?

13. DaC

Look this what it is and I can’t throw fault at this man or the women who allowed him to have unprotected sex It doesn’t matter if he told the women he had unprotected sex with, which tells me the women didn’t wnat to know or didn’t ask or if asked this dude lied upon his seed. That’s why being in heat has it consequences.. THINK with the BRAIN in your head, if not, its going to show you DIDN’T think other than the lust you felt, PERIOD.

All I want to know about this dude and the 17 women, who’s paying for the 34 children?, HIM? The mothers or tax payers? If tax payers are? Then yes its a danger to the black community, taking money money from hard working tax payers..given to TRIFLING folks..HIM(father) and the mothers(triflin as HIM also) of the 34 children.

14. shaz

Wizard G your comment is totally on point. I’m a firm believer in going forth and multiplying. As a community, we need to take a leaf out of the South Asians/ chinese who stand at over a billion in India/china and no one bats an eyelid. Research suggests in the US there are over a 1,000 black babies being aborted weekly. That is epidemic levels and a plan by this racist structured system to anihialate our future generations. Some of us are brainwashed after being indoctrinated with the white man lie. We are kings/queens on this planet and are blessed, some of us just don’t know it. As long as that man is there for all his children and they all know each other, I don’t see what the f*ck it has to do with anyone, but him and his 17 baby mothers…

• Ladywov

Using your criteria: it has already been established that this man is NOT “there for them”, and the children do not all know each other. Unfortunately, many of these children will be damaged for life because of the irresponsibility and emotional instability of this man, not to mention the scarred women who were willing participants. It doesn’t help to know that this scenario is being played out all over the country, in varying degrees, among all races, with only the numbers of women and children changing. A sad state of affairs all around.

15. catdraggers

YALL ARE SO TRAINED IN SCANDALIZATION REACTION. So what.We live in a hypocritical, twisted racist wack nation, that useS us everyday. if it were not so, this guy would be HALF WAYstable instead of a in a post slavery meltdown. HE D SHOULD HAVE CUSTODY, AND A FARM, AND PUT ALL OF EM TO WORK.

16. MOBIG

White people MUST GET OUT of this forced integration system with the black race. It was forced on the white population in 1964.

Black males created NO URBAN CENTERS in America. They are NOT supposed to be living in urban areas. They build no homes, create unsanitary conditions which leads to deadly diseases. In 1925, well before the white man was forced to take care of the black man – like a little baby – life expectancy for the black man in an urban environment was 38 years.

So much wrong with the black man when you compare him to the white man. That’s as far as I will go. Blacks need a homeland in America…and MUST be distantly separated from the civilized race – and his tax base.

17. Gillespie Girll

Mobig, you Dumb bastard. Afro Americans has contributed quite a bit to this country, That this country has not acknowledged or will not acknowledge. Afro America people did try to make a home land here for themselves, Your people could not stand it. It was people like you who destroyed any and all hope for (blacks) people. Most of you know that Afro America can out think most of you. That is why your people do everything to keep them down. We had no education, but your people came to us for advice. Think, if all (blacks) were educated, what would you get, but a brilliant Obama as you have now. With most of your president put this country into the dilemma that we are in today. And dumb asses like try to keep us all down so that you can feel better about yourselves.

18. Sankofah

“Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it.” Genesis 1:28 In light of the fact that white people are busy committing Genocide on Black People globally, this Brother is doing something tangible about it. I say every African on the planet should have as many children as possible, to replace all those that are dying at the hands of each other, and those of the murderous Caucasians, Arabs and in fact all other races. Make as many children as possible and let God deal with supplying their needs, since we’ve been told he can meet that demand. I have read some of the comments, and Black people have become nothing more than mere parrots, repeating the garbage, the white man has taught them to say. During slavery, this guy would have been prized for his virility, and would fetch a handsome price, on the open market.

19. Devon

Some of yall are embarrassing with all these lame excuses real simple solution….”ladies” stop letting these deadbeat nuccas stop treatin your pussy like a trash can its like come on come all nuccas let me open my legs so yall can come in me so I can eith get more money from welfare and act like these nuccas forced yall to fuck and suck them off.

20. Greg Peniston

the headline says Iyanla “fixed” this guy…there is no FIX in this rambling essay loosely called reportage…

21. Kenya

I do not underdstand some of you!!! You claim that white people are racist, yet look at how you talk about white people!!!!! If I said the same thing about black people I would be hated, and called racist. When you talk about white people like that, its suppose to be okay? Well, I dont think it is, its such a double standard, and its not okay!!!!

• warren

It’s like this, As Black People we can talk bad about our parents, our family and people that we love. As Black People we can talk about Black People the same way if we wish because it’s our people. Yeah, we talk bad about our own people like we do our family, but you can’t. See where I’m coimg from?

22. Julian Steptoe

With so many of our children being sacrificed to and by the society, maybe he, and they, are just instinctually protecting against an impending and ongoing genocide against Black Americans. Of course, people have sex, women give birth, and God makes babies. It is more important that we care, than it is that we judge. And, some of wisdom suggests that birth control methods are part of the genocide attempt.

23. Objective Analysis

How did this happen? I mean is she able to have this man have enough money and time to take care of his 17 kids for 18 years? I mean there is only 24 hours in a day. I seriously doubt one household can hold 17 kids all at once on his paycheck. Did he get snipped down below or decide that he was going to reenact Noah of biblical times and this time re-populate the earth after the great flood? He already has 17 kids and counting?

24. Objective Analysis

My mistake, the analysis should be 34 kids versus 17. Goodness! He is Noah of biblical times. His cup overfloweth. LOL!

• ericaf

I was thinking that same thing. Can he name them their ages and mother? Sad.i do hope the mothers don’t show their faces if they have baby number 6 and above.

25. South Florida Bookworm

Very interesting comments from everyone, but I fail to see the “racism” in this situation, that is repeatedly mentioned. However, what I do see, is another generation of black children, being raised in a dysfunctional environment, without the structure of a stable, two parent, family. I could be wrong, but I also see children who are at risk for dropping out of school, and possibly entering the Criminal Justice system. I see an increase to the already epidemic numbers of sexually transmitted diseases IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS. So, as far as I am concerned, this “man” and so many like him, are irresponsible, self-centered, and badly damaged. And the “women” who fall for his “charms,” are just as delusional. For those who don’t believe me, just take a long, hard, look at the carnage in our communities, that worsens by the day.

26. ericaf

He’s not to blame, start with baby mama number 6. A man with multiple children and was never married to any of the first 5 mothers says he’s not interested in being committed. So any one after that gets no sympathy from me. As a woman I just can’t imagine being with a man with so many children. Gives me the ick

27. blackallaround365

Nothing new underr the sun…my stepfather had twenty 23-26 children. My mother was his third wife…she also came into marriage with four children. He was well rounded hard- working and , I’d say reasonably educated, and that provided for his families. After many years together, and two additional kids to their union. My divorced and he had many more children. Oh, by the way we have more than several millionaires, labors, teachers, engineers, nurses, doctors, lawyers, and etc in my family. We were a blended family, meaning at some two to three of his kids from his previos marriage were living with us at any given time. He also build my mother a home for her and her children prior to their marriage in 1963. He believed in education, hard work and discipline. Was he perfect no. I do remember this, he never rised his voice. We are All… l would say better off having him in our lives. Than no father figure…my biological fatherl did very lilittle. My Dad had a purpose and vision…he inspired us all.

28. t-99

I watched part 1 of this 3 part series, and admit to be astonished. This man has serious, psychological issues that stem from his parents being emotionally unavailable for him as a result of their own abusive relationship. His own father lied during the show about beating his mother, and you could see him revert back to the 8 year old boy that experienced that hurt initially. His anger was explosive, too. With all of this baggage, he STILL wants to get married and have even more kids. WTW?!* Even so, I cannot speak to why these 17 women chose to have multiple children with him. In the teaser for part 2, the women admit to suspecting and/or even knowing that he was seeing other women. What’s really sad is the portion of the interview with his oldest kids (His oldest is 26, and his youngest is 3). They have little if any bond with him, and just don’t trust him. Even if he can financials provide for these kids, there just aren’t enough hours in the day, or days in a year to provide for them emotionally. If nothing else, this is an amazing case study.